[Building Sakai] sharing/publishing Multimedia Content on Sakai

Stephen Marquard stephen.marquard at uct.ac.za
Thu Sep 1 08:16:05 PDT 2011

Hi Aaron,

Is hosting Kaltura locally now an option with the Sakai integration?
Last time we evaluated this (2010) it only seemed to work with the SaaS
model.

Cheers
Stephen

--
Stephen Marquard, Acting Director
Centre for Educational Technology, University of Cape Town
Email / IM (Jabber/XMPP): stephen.marquard at uct.ac.za
Phone: +27-21-650-5037 Cell: +27-83-500-5290

>>> Aaron Zeckoski <azeckoski at unicon.net> 9/1/2011 2:05 PM >>>
I recommend you take a look at the Sakai Kaltura integration which
Unicon built.
https://source.sakaiproject.org/svn/msub/unicon.net/kaltura/tags/20110811/README

It integrates with the Sakai permissions structure while storing the
content in the Kaltura data store (which can be locally hosted or
SaaS). The readme I linked above has details about the permissions
structure.

-AZ

On Thu, Sep 1, 2011 at 12:43 AM, Mustansar Mehmood <mustansar at rice.edu>
wrote:
> Dear All,
>  We have a considerable amount of audio/video content for foreign
language
> training and assessment.
> We are hoping that our local Sakai instance becomes its future home
in some
> form or fashion.
> The content is usually grouped  in a few different ways e.g
> /CD/DVD/course/language/proficiency level.
> We are looking for ways to share this data with students in form of
> playlists grouped by various methods mentioned above.
> The intent is to share the data with students and allowing them to
share
> their comments and experience as well.
> Adding all the content to "resource tool" does not seem very
organized in
> its present form.
> We are inquiring about any efforts among Sakai community in this
area.
> Most YouTube clone solutions fall short on
authentication/authorization
> front and due to copyright restrictions they do not appear so
feasible.
> Any ideas about how accommodate this requirement with Sakai will give
us a
> good starting point to address our needs.
> Thanks,
> Mustansar
>
> --
> Mustansar Mehmood
> Educational System Developer & Integrator
> Informational Technology
> Rice University
> Houston Texas
> Ph:(713)348 2523
>
> I made this letter longer than usual because I lack the time to make
it
> short. -Blaise Pascal
> with a subject of "unsubscribe"

TO UNSUBSCRIBE: send email to
sakai-dev-unsubscribe at collab.sakaiproject.org with a subject of
"unsubscribe"

###

UNIVERSITY OF CAPE TOWN

This e-mail is subject to the UCT ICT policies and e-mail disclaimer
published on our website at
http://www.uct.ac.za/about/policies/emaildisclaimer/ or obtainable from
+27 21 650 9111. This e-mail is intended only for the person(s) to whom
it is addressed. If the e-mail has reached you in error, please notify
the author. If you are not the intended recipient of the e-mail you may
not use, disclose, copy, redirect or print the content. If this e-mail
is not related to the business of UCT it is sent by the sender in the
sender's individual capacity.

###