[Building Sakai] Is it possible that if a user logon to gmail account then he will be able to bypass sakai login process.

Matthew Jones jonespm at umich.edu
Tue Oct 25 08:46:23 PDT 2011

There isn't a super ton of detail, but it basically involves you

   - Set up apache as a proxy
      - http://goo.gl/2jix6
   - Turn on mod_auth_openid
      - http://www.unicon.net/node/1210
      -
      http://www.debiantutorials.com/openid-authentication-with-the-mod_auth_openid-apache-module/
   - Turning on container login for Sakai (similar to mod_cas)
      - https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/SAKDEV/CASifying+Sakai

I'd try to setup a simple php page in apache to login through google openid
first before setting up a proxied tomcat server. However with the options
described, Sakai will just trust the userid is authentic.

A few things like xlogin and webdav will not work. Some contrib tools that
need username/password might not work either. There is no way around that as
your server will never ask the user for their information, the only method
that webdav client's supports. You'll probably want to disable the
instructions. (Patch only for 2.9 currently:
https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-20163)