[Building Sakai] present problem with early 2.8.1

Hedrick Charles hedrick at rutgers.edu
Fri Oct 21 04:33:48 PDT 2011

This week we moved to 2.8.1, from a snapshot done when it was first about to release.

We found 3 problems in production, none of which are necessarily present in the actual 2.8.1 release:
* a conversion script problem that caused email archive messages to be invisible
* the default order for announcements is sorted by message_order, which is not properly maintained by the old code and conversion script. This is true even though we're set to not use message_order
* presence isn't showing all users

I've got fixes for the first two. However the presence code is a nightmare. And it doesn't seem to have a specific section in jira, so I don't' even know where to look. Does anyone know of a problem with presence in any of the 2.8.1 prereleases?