[Building Sakai] How To Speed Up Sakai WebDAV access from Windows 7

Wheat, Jon jwheat at messiah.edu
Mon Oct 17 12:58:03 PDT 2011

Usually I ask for help, but this time I'll impart some wisdom I've come across.
Had a few profs using Windows 7 and attempting to access their Sakai Dropbox via WebDAV – and it was unacceptably slow.

This ended up fixing the slowness issue -

  *   From Control Panel – open Internet Options (or from Internet Explorer, open the Tools menu, then click Internet Options)
  *   Select the Connections tab.
  *   Click the LAN Settings button.
  *   Uncheck the "€œAutomatically detect settings"€ box.
  *   Click OK until all of the dialogs are closed

That's it – no restart necessary.

-Jon