[Building Sakai] Delayed Announcement Email Notification

Chris Ribble cribble at uwindsor.ca
Thu Oct 13 12:32:06 PDT 2011

Hi everyone,

In our 2.7.1 instance we have noticed that when setting an announcement to
be hidden until a later date and selecting the email notification to go
out, nothing is sent upon the un-hide of the announcement. I have searched
for some documentation or a JIRA ticket about this issue and found some
information but I can't quite get it to work. So far, I have figured out
that I need to get the ScheduledInvocationRunner quartz job to run on a
regular basis. I set that up by adding the job in the job scheduler tool
on the admin workspace and then setting a Cron trigger for every 5
minutes. I waited for a while and nothing ever happened. I ran the job and
my email was sent but any subsequent emails were not mailed out. I
"somehow" finally got the job to run on a regular basis and everything was
working fine. I decided to restart the instance to see what would happen
and when it came back up the ScheduledInvocationRunner was not running. I
need it to auto start when the instance comes back online.

Am I headed in the right direction with this? Is there anything special I
need to do to get this working properly?

Thanks
Chris

Chris Ribble
LMS Application Developer