[Building Sakai] Samigo error: Error testing property 'formatByPart' in bean of type null

George Pipkin gpp8p at virginia.edu
Wed Oct 12 10:39:23 PDT 2011

Hi Lydia:

The latest report involves a student pl9rm who was taking the Two-D,
Steady-State Conduction - F 2011 quiz in Bob Ribando's MAE
6110&3140-F2011 class on October 11, 2011 6:23 PM. According to the
student's report, the
bug takes place when the quiz is submitted. It appears that the
submission took place successfully, and
there is a score for this student in this quiz, and it looks to me like
all the answers he supplied are accounted for (except perhaps the honor
pledge - not sure how that is handled).

The bug itself relates to a null value presented by the system for one
of the settings that pertains to whether or not the assessment is to be
delivered in parts, or all in one page. In the case of the quiz above,
it is set to be delivered all in one page. In the database, this value
is stored in the table SAM_PUBLISHEDACCESSCONTROL_T in the column
assessmentFormat - an integer {1,2,3}. There are no cases where this
column is null in the database.

Looking at this particular assessment, the instructor configured it "The
complete Assessment is displayed on one Web page".

I was able to take this particular quiz under another student's id on
our test system without error, so whatever is going on
is not happening all the time.

                                                 - George