[Building Sakai] Sakai 2.7.1, Assignments 2 and TII integration

Adam Marshall adam.marshall at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Thu Oct 6 07:51:59 PDT 2011

>From our FAQ. I don't know whether this is of any use. This is with Ass 1, not Ass 2.

adam

I have copied an assignment and Turninin is not working

A: this is a known issue

 1.  when you copy an assignment the Turnitin setting is lost
 2.  two assignments cannot have the same name on a single site - in general, only the first assignment will be routed via Turnitin.

No Turnitin report was generated. What could be the reason?

A: There are a number of restrictions when using Turnitin. The nature of these restrictions are such that you are unlikely to encounter any of these in practice; however it is worth being aware of them in case you have any problems. The scenario when you are most likely to run into them would be when you are testing Turnitin for yourself with artificial sample data.

 1.  Turnitin distinguishes users on the basis of e-mail address. Therefore, once an e-mail address has been associated with a particular user it can not be associated with another one.

2.      The name of the WebLearn<http://wiki.oucs.ox.ac.uk/weblearn/WebLearn> site containing the assignment must be greater than 5 characters.

 1.  Document submissions must be over 100 characters in length.
 2.  Assignment durations should not be "too" short. For example, you may well encounter problems with duration of just one day. (For testing purposes, you will still be able to examine many of the aspects of the Assignment + Turnitin workflow (such as creation, return and viewing of originality reports, etc) by setting a duration of 5 - 7 days).
 3.  You must choose At tachments only for the type of student submission.

6.      Turnitin accepts the following file types for submissions - MS Word (*.doc), ?<http://wiki.oucs.ox.ac.uk/weblearn/WordPerfect>WordPerfect, RTF, PDF, Postscript, HTML and plain text.

7.      Currently, although re-submission can be enabled in WebLearn<http://wiki.oucs.ox.ac.uk/weblearn/WebLearn>, any re-submitted assignments will not be sent to Turnitin.