[Building Sakai] Assignments: Cannot release all feedback

Chris Ribble cribble at uwindsor.ca
Mon Nov 28 13:00:42 PST 2011

Hi everyone,

We have come across what seems to be a bug in our 2.7.x environment. I
have been able to reproduce it on the Nightly2 QA Server as well.

Steps to reproduce:
1. Create an assignment(any kind) and have students submit.
2. Download all submissions but do not grade or add grades to grades.csv.
3. Add feedback attachments for at least 1 student
4. Re-zip and Upload All.
5. Try to Release All Grades(just trying to release feedback since they
are all ungraded) from submission list and fail.

The Instructor can go into each submission one by one and still release
the feedback, but for 100 students that can become extremely tedious. Is
this the intended process for releasing feedback for students before
giving them a grade? What about assignments with the Ungraded
specification, the Instructor would have to grade and release each
submission, making upload all and download all pointless?

If anyone has run into this or has any insight, please share.

Thanks
Chris

Chris Ribble
LMS Application Developer