[Building Sakai] Different gateway skin for different user types

Diego del Blanco Orobitg diego.delblanco at samoo.es
Mon Nov 28 02:59:38 PST 2011

Hi Adrian:

We in Samoo have done something like this (not exactly as you ask, but very
similar)

We have a Sakai that accepts this parameter:

Sakaiurl?skin=theskinname

You can try:
http://tusaulas.com/portal/?skin=avit
http://tusaulas.com/portal/?skin=default
http://tusaulas.com/portal/?skin=RJC2
http://tusaulas.com/portal/?skin=rtl

So, when you enter with this skin into Sakai, from this moment in all the
sites without default skin you will see the skin in the parameter. If a site
has a skin selected you will see the selected skin.

We use this to allow different enterprises to use the same Sakai. They must
access to Sakai from a link in their webpage and that link has the
parameter. If someone enters without the parameter we have a very simple
default skin without logos.

If you (or someone more) are interested in this code, please, write to us.
We can contribute it without problems.

Maybe mixing this work with your cookie idea you can have the full solution
to your need.

Saludos

Diego del Blanco Orobitg
Director de operaciones