[Building Sakai] [WG: Programmer's Cafe] using SAKAI framework how to access sakai file storage area and file upload files

Noah Botimer botimer at umich.edu
Fri Nov 18 08:20:27 PST 2011

One more thing to note is that the SOAP services defined are not stream-oriented. That means that all of the data from an upload or download needs to stay in memory for the duration of the transfer. For small files or light usage, no problem. For big files or heavy usage, big problem.

I think I remember someone working on an EntityProvider for content (maybe IU?), but I don't know the status or if it took streaming IO into account.

Thanks,
-Noah