[Building Sakai] Talis Aspire

Adrian Fish a.fish at lancaster.ac.uk
Fri Nov 11 04:36:58 PST 2011

Hi Ian,

That's a stroke of luck :)

Having looked in more detail at our Aspire installation, I'm wondering
whether there's any point in consuming xml/json or whatever when the
actual Aspire webapp is pretty feature rich. I may just write a tool
which configures an iframe with the appropriate reading list url setup
automatically, based on site title or a site property perhaps. That may
well satisfy most people. I presume institutions can brand their Aspire
setups anyway, so it shouldn't look like an alien in the VLE's midst.

Longer term, have you considered shipping an IMS LTI implementation? You
could drop that into Sakai, Moodle,BB, etc.

Cheers,
Adrian.

On 11/11/2011 09:10, Ian Corns wrote:
> Adrian Fish<a.fish<at>  lancaster.ac.uk>  writes:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> Is there a Sakai tool for talking to Talis Aspire?
>>
>> http://www.talisaspire.com/
>>
>> If not, is anybody interested in one?
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Adrian.
>>
> Adrian,
>
> I'm on the Aspire team. There's no Sakai plugin yet (see
> http://support.talisaspire.com/entries/20021416-what-vle-solutions-does-talis-aspire-integrate-with
> for what we do integrate with).
>
> This would be something we'd love the community to look into, and we'd obviously
> be happy to support you as we can. The API docs can be found her
> (http://support.talisaspire.com/entries/20116993-list-linking-api-specification)
> and there's a general guide to VLE linking principles here
> (http://support.talisaspire.com/entries/365705-integrating-talis-aspire-into-your-vle).
>
> Take a look, and feel free to get in touch with any queries.
>
> Ian

==================================
Adrian Fish
Software Engineer