[Building Sakai] Sitestats not reporting on events

Matthew Buckett matthew.buckett at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Tue Nov 1 08:58:48 PDT 2011

On 31 October 2011 22:02, Steve Swinsburg <steve.swinsburg at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Matthew,
>
> Clearing the SAKAI_EVENT tables shouldn't have any impact since SiteStats aggregates everything into it's
> own tables (IIRC). What version are you using? Can you turn up the logs for sitestats to see if there are any
> issues?

Yeah that's was my understand, which is why I was puzzled. We only get
this on the live service, however we have just this morning moved from
MySQL 5.0 to MySQL 5.1 and are no longer seeing the issue.

> I have seen an issue where Wicket times out after a request that takes longer than 3 minutes (the default)
> which was affecting Site Stats (although it was the server wide stats which were taking a very long time to
> run, since rewritten and are now much faster).

We weren't getting long load times in the tool.

All rather strange.

--
  Matthew Buckett
  VLE Developer, LTG, Oxford University Computing Services