[Building Sakai] about storing tomcat verbos log

Earle Nietzel earle.nietzel at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 06:50:17 PDT 2011

There is an appender for the Windows Event System. (Not sure if anyone
would like it, but I thought it was worth mentioning)

There is a native dll that you would need to download but I think this one
makes more sense as it uses the windows system libraries via JNA.

Check out:
http://log4jna.codeplex.com/

Configure it like so:

log4j.appender.A=org.apache.log4jna.nt.Win32EventLogAppender
log4j.appender.A.source=Log4jna
log4j.appender.A.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
log4j.appender.A.layout.ConversionPattern=%d{EEE dd MMM HH:mm:ss} - %m%n

I was able to find this JIRA which also is relevant to the Console Log
Appender issue:

Earle