[Building Sakai] Binary content stored in DB

David Barroso david.barroso at udl.cat
Mon May 23 04:35:52 PDT 2011

Hello,

Actually, if using Sakai with the DB binary content storage
setting, the files are stored in the CONTENT_RESOURCE_BODY_BINARY
table, using the BODY column with LONG RAW datatype.

Would it be possible to transform this column to a BLOB
datatype to use Oracle features like partitioning ?

We have a great amount of files in the DB and we are considering
to migrate to filesystem if we cannot change this column type.

There is any reason to prefer filesystem storage if you can configure
Oracle to use partitioning and a good backup/restore policy?

Regards,

David Barroso Iglesias   david at asic.udl.cat
Universitat de Lleida
Àrea de sistemes d'Informació i Comunicacions
Cap de projectes interns

University of Lleida
Information and Communication Systems Service
Internal project manager

Tlf: +34 973 702040
Fax: +34 973 702130