[Building Sakai] SDATA with Sakai 2.7.1

Mame-Awa Diop mame-awa.diop at hec.ca
Fri May 20 14:00:29 PDT 2011

Hello guys,

I am preparing the code release of OpenSyllabus to the community.

Since the beginning we used a modified version of SDATA for OpenSyllabus
in Sakai 2.5, Sakai 2.6 and now Sakai 2.7. We made major changes that
might interest the community (access to citations, management of access
permissions ...) and some other for our personal needs.

For the release of code I would like to make sure that OpenSyllabus can
run with a basic SDATA but I don't see a 2.7.X version of the code. The
trunk version is 2.6.0RC1-SNAPSHOT.

So my questions are:

    * Is there a specifc reason why SDATA is not updated ? Is it because
      it is not used by many institutions ?
    * We have some patches that some members of the community might be
      interested in. Is there a way to submit it ?
    * And in the mean time what do you guys think would be the easiest
      way to give our version of SDATA for the people who want to try
      OpenSyllabus ?

Thanks for any guidance,

/*Awa for the OpenSyllabus team,*/

--

Mame Awa Diop
Analyste programmeur

GTI: 514.340.6000 #12029 - Bureau RJ-221e
Projet OpenSyllabus: 514.340.6000 #12888 - Bureau RJ-221
Télécopieur: (514)340-5637