[Building Sakai] sakai.X-UA-Compatible settings in production

Thomas, Gregory J gjthomas at iupui.edu
Fri May 20 07:21:53 PDT 2011

Hello,

Indiana University has very recently successfully upgraded to version 2.7 of Sakai!  One of the newer-ish items we discovered during the upgrade was the ability for browsers to emulate an older version, such as IE emulating IE7 via this setting in the sakai.properties:

sakai.X-UA-Compatible=IE=EmulateIE7

We found an issue with Profile 2 so far without the browser emulation forcing a compatibility mode with IE8, but think there are others based off comments I read from https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/KNL-697

Mostly writing to the list to see what other institutions are doing for their production environments as far as their emulation settings may go.  Additionally, any specific tools or areas where a newer browser has a problem would be good to know, too.  Any concerns people may have thought of for their implementation decisions is appreciated, as well.

Thanks!
Greg