[Building Sakai] Sakai GWT

Remi Saias remi.saias at hec.ca
Thu May 12 11:53:17 PDT 2011

Adrian, Mustansar,

The affirmation that GWT won't help further down the line seems a bit
too broad to me.

I don't want to enter into a religious fight about technology A being
better than technology B but I think that deciding to learn and use a
technology depends on more factors than those raised in this discussion
(none actually, except Sakai!).

To provide a bit of information about GWT, anybody with a strong Java
development background, especially with Swing (and probably other MVC
frameworks) will find rather easy to develop complex UI with GWT. The
sole fact that we don't have to worry about browser compatibility is a
huge plus for GWT. And it works very well.

Also finding a good Javascript developer is a lot more difficult than
finding a good Java developer, at least here, in Montreal! That might
also influence your technological decision.

Cheers,

--
Rémi Saïas
Gestion des technologies de l'information - HEC Montréal