[Building Sakai] can't get sakai to start on oracle

Matthew Jones jonespm at umich.edu
Thu May 5 08:54:55 PDT 2011

FYI: The ojdbc14.jar is intended to just be used with Java 1.4 and
1.5. The ojdbc16.jar (from the 11g set on the download page) is for
Java 1.6 and it fixed some errors with us locally, even though we're
still only running a 10g database.

Java 1.6 has been the preferred version for Sakai since 2.7. [1]

https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/DOC/Sakai+2.7