[Building Sakai] supported browsers according to the KB

Venstra, Elizabeth erytting at indiana.edu
Thu Mar 31 12:17:48 PDT 2011

Hi all,

I have not read through the whole thread about supported browsers (sorry, I don't follow this list closely because most of it goes over my head), but I thought you should be aware, if you're not already, that, at present, my team is publishing an "official" answer to the question of what browsers are supported:

https://www.indiana.edu/~sakaikb/display.cgi?docid=asxg   (This document should also be available within the Sakai help tool, but I'm not sure exactly where.)

Our Sakai admin here at IU recently asked me to change this document to exclude the two newest browser releases-it used to say "Firefox 2.0 and higher" and "IE 7.0 and higher"-because of some problems he had seen with the new browsers, especially with the WYSIWYG/FCK editor.

If the Sakai community would like me to either edit this to say something different in the Sakai domains from what we publish for our own use here at IU, let me know; I can do that easily.

Elizabeth Venstra
Knowledge Management team
Indiana University
erytting at indiana.edu<mailto:erytting at indiana.edu>