[Building Sakai] amazon cloud & resources

Eli Cochran eli at media.berkeley.edu
Wed Mar 30 09:01:58 PDT 2011

This is a really interesting question.

A couple of months ago we did a focus group at Berkeley with official and unofficial student groups to see how we could better support them with Sakai OAE. Out of the eight or so student groups represented, 3 or 4 were using Dropbox to exchange files. Dropbox was preferred because it was free and dead easy to use.

Dropbox does have an API and I was thinking that it might be very easy to create a Dropbox widget for either Sakai CLE or Sakai OAE. Dropbox or Amazon might be a great way to upload and share files.

- Eli