[Building Sakai] citations helper

Jim Eng jimeng at umich.edu
Wed Mar 30 09:00:44 PDT 2011

Hi Adam,

Could you say more about what you have in mind?

And meanwhile, I will answer what may be a really different question.  If an instructor wants to create a reading list for a class, she could do that with the citations helper.  She could add items to the list in a number of ways, depending on what is enabled in the instance of sakai at her university.  She might search the databases provided by university library's digital index vendor and include links to journal articles from there.  Or she might use Google Scholar from within the citations helper and import specific citations from the search results.  Another way is to import citations from a endnote or refworks in RIS format.  And it's even possible to type the information into the citations helper.  Once the citations are added to the citations list, the instructor could link to it or attach it in the syllabus, a wiki, an assignment, etc.  Is that the kind of thing you had in mind?

HTH

Jim