[Building Sakai] How to configure "from" email with outgoing SMTP

Matthew Jones jonespm at umich.edu
Tue Mar 29 13:32:43 PDT 2011

See if the instructions here help you out at all:

https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/DOC/Configuration+(2.7)#Configuration%282.7%29-5.0Configureemail

Some patches in 2.7 extend this to add support for TLS and SSL support. See
KNL-253, KNL-283 in jira.sakaiproject.org for more details. I *think*
these are in 2.7.1, but might not be until 2.7.2 or 2.8.