[Building Sakai] UI rendering frameworks in Sakai CLE

Mustansar Mehmood mustansar at rice.edu
Sat Mar 26 04:14:17 PDT 2011

  As far as I know there is little development happening on RSF front.
Main JSF complaint is that it is not so easy on UI designers. Apache
wicket somehow seems promising due to the fact that it it is plain HTML
with Java with significant AJAX support. The coolest feature of wicket
is that most of the coding and event handling happens on the server side
in plain Java a bit like GWT.   However due to 'Technical Debt' of sakai
i.e
lack of support for
                  servlets 2.5/3.0
                tomcat 6/7  the upcoming version od wicket version(1.5
currently at RC2) cannot be used:(.
I personally have not used apache Tapestry so have no particular comment
on that.

--
*Mustansar Mehmood*
Educational System Developer & Integrator

I made this letter longer than usual because I lack the time to make it
short. -Blaise Pascal