[Building Sakai] UI rendering frameworks in Sakai CLE

Adrian Fish a.fish at lancaster.ac.uk
Fri Mar 25 09:44:16 PDT 2011

Hi all,

Putting zealotry aside, does anybody have any thoughts about the
direction the CLE should be taking regarding rendering framework best
practice? I'm talking JSF, RSF, Wicket, Velocity, JSP etc. Does anybody
have any views on what makes a framework good, or bad? HTML purity?
Broad community? Maintainability?

I'm asking because I'm currently learning RSF as some of the software
I'm working on already uses it. In particular I'm working on the Add
Participants tool. It used to be written in Velocity, now it's RSF. So
my final question is: was the switch worth it and if so, why?

Cheers,
Adrian.

--
Adrian Fish