[Building Sakai] New Sakai 2.9 Portal Trial Run - Video / Demo Server

csev csev at umich.edu
Wed Mar 16 13:04:22 PDT 2011

I think this is a great idea but perhaps something to be left to 2.9.   At this point, tools work the same regardless of the path you use to get to the tool.  This keeps things simple. I think that this is comforting in a way during a transition.

In a sense, what those drop-downs might do is bring up a light box dialog for a particular profile2 function and have a mini dialog to do 'change status', etc.  But if things progress and you and Swins gets all slick and cool - what the heck?

At some level for me, I want to wrap up the portal stuff because I want to shift my attention to Lesson Builder and floating chat.  I want most of the 2.9 portal roadmap stuff demonstrable by June.  I figure that is the only way to be ready for the September freeze - so any help is welcome.  PArticularly on Floating chat.

/Chuck