[Building Sakai] Fwd: IE 9 has been released

Matthew Jones jonespm at umich.edu
Tue Mar 15 08:01:20 PDT 2011

Yea, I saw the announcement last night. The IE9 release candidate completely
broke FCKEditor and they weren't expected to fix it. This would make
anything earlier than 2.8 (since 2.8 had a CKEditor option) mostly unusable
by default. I was going to find a Windows 7 machine today (since it won't
install in XP) and see if there are still these big problems. If they
weren't fixed in the final release is we'd probably need to patch in a IE8
compatibility patch for all of the releases that are using this editor.

-Matthew