[Building Sakai] Linking to a specific assignment from another tool

Paul Marais paul at psybergate.co.za
Mon Mar 14 03:56:28 PDT 2011

Hi,

I'm currently using DeveloperHelperService (from EntityBroker) to retrieve
the URL of another tool from my custom Sakai tool.
I can get the URL to main page of Assignments, but how do I get the URL of
the specific assignment?

I've used Firebug to get the URL of the hyperlink that opens a specific
assignment. Example:
http://localhost:8080/portal/tool/d908437d-a374-4618-9b39-cbea9e12e9e7?assig
nmentId=/assignment/a/6d1d7ad7-6661-4490-8fce-de7bf1ee4884/1c2e2132-05dd-431
e-9f4f-e839d02dacee&panel=Main&sakai_action=doView_assignment

How does this URL get setup so that I can extract the information and build
this URL from my custom tool?

Thank you
Paul