[Building Sakai] OASIS Content Management Interoperability Services (CMIS)

Michael Feldstein michael.feldstein at oracle.com
Mon Mar 7 12:31:00 PST 2011

Given Ian's helpful framing, it may be useful to think of CMIS mainly in terms of Sakai reading from and publishing to external content stores. You can see a list of systems that have implemented CMIS here: http://www-10.lotus.com/ldd/lqwiki.nsf/dx/11122008094143AMWEBK95.htm.

But the REST binding for CMIS is built on top of Atom Publishing, which is explicitly all about writing. (Hence the name.) I'd be curious to hear a community evaluation of the degree to which generic Atom Pub hits or avoids the scalability problems of JCR, fits with Sakai use cases or doesn't, etc.

- m