[Building Sakai] Lighter Sakai and reset-pass tool.

Anthony Whyte arwhyte at umich.edu
Mon Mar 7 05:59:46 PST 2011

> I solved the error adding reset-pass indie tool...If this tool is an indie, why is mandatory? I thought that indie tools are optional.

Miguel--reset-pass is considered a Sakai CLE 2x core capability.  It's "indie" designation is just a nickname for tools that have been rejigged so that they can be deployed independently of a general Sakai release.  A number are versioned independently of general Sakai releases as well (e.g., basiclti-1.3.0, profile2-1.4.0).  sakai-2.7.1 and sakai-2.8.0 (when officially released) deploy a variety of "indie" tools -- all of them considered core to the release.

See for example: https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/REL/sakai-2.8.0-rc01

Cheers,

Anth