[Building Sakai] Editing Course Site Participants

Jennings, Michael mike_jennings at unc.edu
Wed Jun 1 20:07:09 PDT 2011

Zhen,

Here at UNC we are using SAKORA to manage our course sites and rosters.  We are currently in the process of allowing the Instructor create Courses and attach Rosters to the sites through the course site creation tool.  This all works great, but we have run into a issue when the instructor removes the roster, they essentially remove everyone from the course, including themselves.  Now the instructor has no access to the course site that they were currently managing, so they go back through the course site creation process, get a message that there course has been created, and have to create a duplicate course instead of being added back to the course they once were in.

I would rather have the remove roster function only remove students from a course site in this manner.  This would prevent duplicate sites from being created by instructors in Sakai when they are just trying to get there access back to a site they once belonged to and accidently removed there access to.  Also the removal of the roster probably should have a error message telling the instructor in more detail that they are going to remove there access to the site.

This is a reason that I could see for keeping instructors in courses when the roster is removed.

Mike Jennings