[Building Sakai] Sakai 2.7 on 32-bit Windows

Matthew Jones jonespm at umich.edu
Fri Jul 29 11:35:32 PDT 2011

You shouldn't need more than 512MB of Permgen (and probably even 256-384)
and 1.0-1.5GB of heap, so running with a 4GB machine whether it was Windows
or Linux should have plenty of space. It might not be getting your JAVA_OPTS
set correctly? Running tomcat as a service or as a app gets it to read
settings from different placesYou can try to put them in a setenv.bat file.

Here were some good times from Atlassian on fixing memory problems and where
you'd put these settings.

http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Installing+JIRA+on+Tomcat+6.0#InstallingJIRAonTomcat6.0-7.FixMemoryandMailHandlingSettingsinTomcat