[Building Sakai] Notification on course site creation

Zhen Qian zqian at umich.edu
Wed Jul 27 21:24:19 PDT 2011

Matthew was right. The system support email address is defined by the following method in SiteAction.java.

private String getSetupRequestEmailAddress() {
		String from = ServerConfigurationService.getString("setup.request",
				null);
		if (from == null) {
			from = "postmaster@".concat(ServerConfigurationService
					.getServerName());
			M_log.warn(this + " - no 'setup.request' in configuration, using: "+ from);
		}
		return from;
	}

A couple of emails will be sent during course site creation:
- If the course site is created with defined roster, one email is sent to current session user, and the other will be send to the above setup request address.
- If the course site is created with requested roster, an additional third email will be sent to the roster authorizer, besides the above two emails.

Thanks,

- Zhen