[Building Sakai] Workspace id ignores provided user id ?

David Wafula davidwaf at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 06:06:18 PDT 2011

No specific reason actually, am just lazy so that i can easily figure out
userid :) By the way, i have tested with new new user, the workspaceid is
correctly generated, so i was wrong. But this brought something else to my
attention,i 'deleted' old users, for some reason they are 'hanging in there'
somewhere. They dont exist in SAKAI_USERS table, they dont even appear in
user listing when logged in as admin, but they stubbornly hidden somewhere
(org.sakaiproject.user.api.UserAlreadyDefinedException). How best to expunge
them completely completely ??

On Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 2:56 PM, David Horwitz <david.horwitz at uct.ac.za>wrote:

> **
> Is there a reason you are setting the userId == eid? I would recommend you
> leave the id null and let Sakai generate the internal Id. This gives you
> flexibility down the line, for instance this enabled us to rename accounts
> when the University desided to change all staff logins ...

> On 07/27/2011 02:48 PM, David Wafula wrote:
>
> Hi all,
> Am creating a user as follows:
>
>  userDirectoryService.addUser(userId, userId, givenName, surname, email,
> null, type, null);
>

>  so in this case i expect  workspace id to be the same as userid. Not
> happening.
> The workspace id is autogenerated.
>
>  This becomes a problem if i try to programmatically modify this workspace
> using the user id i supplied (specifically, i get permmissions exception).
>
> Best practice here?
> --
> David Wafula

David Wafula