[Building Sakai] Assistance with Oracle testing on SAK-20598

Steve Swinsburg steve.swinsburg at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 05:16:02 PDT 2011

Hi all,

I've checked in a fix to https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-20598 and need some assistance testing it on Oracle. I have verified the fix on MySQL, however it is a little more complex on Oracle as there is a bigger conversion.

If you have a local instance hooked up to an Oracle DB, can you lend a hand?

Firstly, load up your current trunk ,whatever revision it is, and go into the Profile tool and fill in some fields. Maybe do this for a few different users.

Now, cd to core-deploy and run
mvn clean install sakai:deploy -U

This will redeploy the overlays and force an update from the repo. The common project is the one we are after.

Then run the DB conversion attached to the Testing tab of the above JIRA. It should convert over the data to the new fields.

Start Tomcat, load up Profile and check the data is there.

thanks,