[Building Sakai] FW: Melete IMS CP export Version 2.6

Mallika M Thoppay mallika at etudes.org
Fri Jul 22 11:32:55 PDT 2011

Tan,

Glad to hear this worked..we had a user report a similar problem some
time ago. When they made the change below, it fixed their problem.
However they did find the root cause of the problem some time later.
Here is their comment..this might help you fix the actual problem.

"we found the root cause of the issue (yes it took us months!). somehow,
we were causing tomcat servlet outbound http requests to go to our
apache httpd.

things were fine when we had ProxyRequests On. However, back in January,
we discovered we were being used as a proxy server. So we turned
ProxyRequests Off.

this had the side-effect of preventing tomcat servlets from making the
http requests - both melete/jforum exports request files, and it turns
out samigo (tests and quizzes) when exporting.

since they could no longer request the files successfully this caused
the parser exceptions (nothing to parse!)

while we could fix it for the melete/jforum export with modifying the
imsmanifest.xml (so it wasn't requesting http files), we could not
easily do the same for samigo.

this morning, we've modified our tomcat java_opts on our development
server not to proxy, and testing with the original imsmanifest.xml (for
both jforum and melete) are successful."

Thanks,
Mallika

[ Show » ]
Ian Goh </secure/ViewProfile.jspa?name=ian.goh> added a comment -
19/Mar/09 05:39 AM we found the root cause of the issue (yes it took us

Tan Dinh Nguyen wrote:
> Thanks Mallika - It worked for me and fixed our problem.
>
> Tan Nguyen
>

> mallikamt wrote:
>
>> Hi Tan,
>>
>> Try the following. In /var/melete/packagefiles/imsmanifest.xml, replace
>> this
>> line:
>>
>> xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.imsglobal.org/xsd/imscp_v1p1
>> http://www.imsglobal.org/xsd/imscp_v1p1.xsd
>> http://www.imsglobal.org/xsd/imsmd_v1p2
>> http://www.imsglobal.org/xsd/imsmd_v1p2.xsd "
>>
>> with
>>
>> xsi:schemaLocation="imscp_v1p1.xsd imsmd_v1p2.xsd "
>>
>> See if that works and let us know.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Mallika
>>
>> Melete Team

>>> org.etudes.tool.melete.ExportMeleteModules -