[Building Sakai] Sakai and openID

Matthew Buckett matthew.buckett at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Thu Jul 21 07:09:47 PDT 2011

On Thu, Jul 21, 2011 at 3:02 PM, Natalia Stash <natalia.stash at gmail.com> wrote:
> Ok, Matthew, thank you very much for the information!
> I will look into this.
>
> Do you also think that it will be possible to have several options for login:
> - standard user id and password fields
> - separate field for those who want to use their openID
> - also an option to login via Shibboleth?

At the moment the standard login tool supports username/password
authentication (which can be routed to an internal store of
credentials and/or an external store such as LDAP) and container based
authentication which is managed by Apache/Tomcat and Sakai just trusts
that it's been done.

It should be possible to enhance the login tool to support mode
authentication methods, although this isn't a simple piece of work.

> Should this be configured in tomcat/webapps/library/content/server_info.html?

I think you will need to edit the source code to the login tool.

--
  Matthew Buckett
  VLE Developer, LTG, Oxford University Computing Services