[Building Sakai] Extending Workspace Menu

Steve Swinsburg steve.swinsburg at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 17:09:46 PDT 2011

If you develop a tool for Sakai (you can use the maven archetype to get up and running faster) then it will register as a tool in the Site Info > Edit Tools list and then users can add it to their site. If you want this to be available to My Workspace sites, add <category name="myworkspace" /> to the tool reg file (it's documented in the archetype).

Alternatively, you can create the tool but then stealth it in sakai.properties, then the admin can control who gets the tool.

But if you want to be able to do this via a script or nightly process, you can use the web service. That web service will add a tool to all My Workspace sites.

cheers,
Steve