[Building Sakai] samigo privilege escalation?

Rehberg, Stephen D stephen at cetl.gatech.edu
Tue Jul 19 05:04:46 PDT 2011

The report we had at Georgia Tech was in Samigo 2.5 and that one student was looking at the Question Pool. We suspect that she was really looking at the Table of Contents view which looks very much like the Question Pool view, and since the instructor had released the quiz one question at a time, she was alarmed to see all the questions in one screen.

We checked all logs possible and could not find any evidence that the student had admin access to the quiz, but as part of due diligence we will personally monitor the next Samigo test for that class just to verify that nothing out of the ordinary did happen.

Stephen Rehberg
CETL/Ed Tech
404-894-7569
404-894-4475