[Building Sakai] "smtpserver" failed Address already in use).

Steve Swinsburg steve.swinsburg at gmail.com
Sat Jul 16 05:18:40 PDT 2011

It sounds like you have the setting smtp.port=8025 in sakai.properties? That is only used by Apache James which handles *incoming* mail, to the Email Archive tool. So you only need the smtp at org.sakaiproject.email.api.EmailService property to be set to outgoing mail to be enabled (and a valid hostname).

cheers,
Steve