[Building Sakai] YAFT TABLE YAFT_FORUM_GROUP

Coetzee, Nico Coetzeen at unisa.ac.za
Fri Jul 8 06:14:33 PDT 2011

This message (and attachments) is subject to restrictions and a disclaimer. Please refer to http://www.unisa.ac.za/disclaimer for full details.

Hi Adrian

We currently have a problem on our develeopment server, I am not sure if there is something wrong with our sakai installation (maybe with our CourseManagementService) or something wrong with yaft

When we try to add a new Yaft forum, it does a statement in impl/src/java/org/sakaiproject/yaft/impl/sql/DefaultSqlGenerator.java

for(Group group : forum.getGroups())
   {
    PreparedStatement addGroupsStatement = connection.prepareStatement("INSERT INTO YAFT_FORUM_GROUP VALUES(?,?)");
    addGroupsStatement.setString(1,forum.getId());
    addGroupsStatement.setString(2,group.getId());

    statements.add(addGroupsStatement);
   }
  }

We have no entries in YAFT_FORUM_GROUP and it gets no values in forum.getGroups() so it trying to insert null values into the table.

Where is the groups comming from?

If we (UNISA) is not using groups is there a way to disable this feature?

Thanks