[Building Sakai] SIS Integration

Algaze, Louis J ljalgaze at nps.edu
Fri Jan 28 09:00:47 PST 2011

Hello,

Does anyone know if there is a Sakai property which will prevent the
dis-enrolling of students using the rSmart¹s SIS integration job in the Job
Scheduler?  Or is there a file we can modify to prevent the disenrollment?

We are attempting to set up the creation of courses and enrollments using an
export from our student management system.  We have been going on the path
of rSmart¹s SIS Job (vs. Exploring using the web services) but have run into
a snag.  We have classes and segments where Math 101 is a class and a
segment is an offering of that class; MWF 12-2 With instructor Smith.  We
are able to get an export from our student management system with one
segment per line so one Sakai site is created per segment and appropriate
students are enrolled in each segment.

The issue arises where an instructor (but not all of them) want to use a
single Sakai site for several segments.  The instructor can Import from Site
and Merge their Users knowing that they will need to manually manage
enrollment afterwards.  But the next time the script is run the merged users
will be dis-enrolled.

I tried creating two site properties, both named externalSiteId but Sakai
did not save the new one.  I even tried one with different capitalization or
with a externalSiteId2, both cases the site was not recognized by the job.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thank you,

Louis Algaze