[Building Sakai] JAVA_OPTS issue

Steve Swinsburg steve.swinsburg at gmail.com
Sun Jan 23 22:37:45 PST 2011

Hi,

We have an install that only has about that amount of memory and users, but not many concurrent users. Also, some tools are heavier on the session state than others. So the answer is it depends on your situation. To be on the safe side you would aim for 2Gb, IMO, so if you can get a 64bit JVM, then you can increase the memory available to it if you need.

cheers,
Steve