[Building Sakai] (Worksite Setup) Making sense of CM tables/Course dropdowns

Matthew Jones jonespm at umich.edu
Fri Jan 21 12:45:51 PST 2011

These values for (-Dsakai.demo=true) are populated by code in the
SampleDataLoader of the sample CourseManagementProvider:
https://source.sakaiproject.org/svn/edu-services/trunk/cm-service/cm-impl/hibernate-impl/impl/src/java/org/sakaiproject/coursemanagement/impl/SampleDataLoader.java

It was expected that if you have a real system that you would either:

1) Write an implementation of this provider for your local needs as
described in this readme under re-implementation
https://source.sakaiproject.org/svn/edu-services/trunk/cm-service/xdocs/readme.txt

2) Modify the quartz job to keep the tables in sync as described under
reconciliation
https://source.sakaiproject.org/svn/edu-services/trunk/cm-service/cm-impl/hibernate-impl/impl/src/java/org/sakaiproject/coursemanagement/impl/job/

You might be able to do this via web services, but I don't know if a
webservice exists for CourseManagementAdministration.

This is really just a "sample implementation" which may work for you as
course management can vary differently at every school.

https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/SAKDEV/Course+Management+Integration

-Matthew