[Building Sakai] (Worksite Setup) Making sense of CM tables/Course dropdowns

Simon Diab simon at psybergate.co.za
Fri Jan 21 01:38:15 PST 2011

Hi all,

I have started Sakai with -Dsakai.demo=true. The sample CM data is created
and I can create a course worksite and link to the sample rosters etc. If I
navigate to the "
<http://localhost:9090/portal/tool/%7Eadmin-365?panel=Main> Add course(s)
and/or section(s) not listed above..." option on the Course/Section
Information screen, the Subject, Course, Section dropdowns are populated
too.

Now my question is, how are these dropdowns populated? In the demo, the
values are "Sample Department", "SMPL101", "Discussion 1" etc. etc.

I have looked at the DB structure and some sample code, but I can't quite
figure it out. The documentation I have seen in Confluence doesn't quite
explain it. Searching the mailing list archives seems to indicate that this
discussion comes up quite a lot. Have I missed some documentation somewhere?

Regards

Simon.