[Building Sakai] Gradebook Options does not display (specifically Grades sent to Gradebook)

Doreen Minich DMinich at messiah.edu
Thu Jan 20 08:07:51 PST 2011

When a user is building a new assessment the Gradebook Options under Settings/Grading category do not display regardless of the assessment type selected.

I have done several tests and based upon the options I select fro the Grading category I can get that entire category to be hidden so part of it is functioning for use.  However regardless of the options I select I can not get the Gradebook Options of None or Grades sent to Gradebook to display for the user.  That entire subsection of Grading is hidden from the user.

When the look at the settings for an assessment they see

GradingStudents' Identities

Students' identities can be seen by graders
Anonymous grading only
Recorded Score If Multiple Submissions per User

Record the highest score
Record the last score
Even though the assessment type is setup in the following manner

GradingStudents' Identities

Can edit default value (below)?

Students' identities can be seen by graders
Anonymous grading only
Gradebook Options

Can edit default value (below)?

None
Grades sent to Gradebook
Recorded Score If Multiple Submissions per User

Can edit default value (below)?

Record the highest score
Record the last score

We are running 2.7.1.  Is anyone else seeing this behavior?

Dorie