[Building Sakai] CASsified Sakai : Using https for CAS Login Only

Steve Swinsburg steve.swinsburg at gmail.com
Mon Jan 17 14:24:21 PST 2011

Its actually quite dangerous to do this.

The issue is you provide a secure login for credentials (username and password) but then all other interactions are in the clear. And the authenticated token is just as useful to an attacker which could easily be grabbed via a public wifi point.

In short, if a site requires authentication, then the whole site should be protected in order for that site to be secure.

cheers,
Steve