[Building Sakai] CASsified Sakai : Using https for CAS Login Only

Santhanam V santhanam at aims.amrita.edu
Mon Jan 17 06:30:19 PST 2011

Dear Friends,

         Can we use https only for CAS Login and then return to http for
Sakai ?

          How can we do this ?. I tried following tips from
http://forum.springsource.org/showthread.php?t=30680. I recompiled
cas-client.jar after modifying
"cas-client-java-2.1.1\src\edu\yale\its\tp\cas\util\SecureURL.java"(pl.
check attachment) to use only "http". But I am getting the following
exception :

javax.servlet.ServletException:
edu.yale.its.tp.cas.client.CASAuthenticationException: Unable to validate
ProxyTicketValidator [[edu.yale.its.tp.cas.client.ProxyTicketValidator
proxyList=[null] [edu.yale.its.tp.cas.client.ServiceTicketValidator
casValidateUrl=[https://spagobi.amrita.edu:8443/cas/serviceValidate]
ticket=[ST-1-tbE4agCeQP7jVgVHsmVt-spagobi.amrita.edu]
service=[https%3A%2F%2Fspagobi.amrita.edu%3A8443%2Fsakai-login-tool%2Fcontai
ner] renew=false]]]

edu.yale.its.tp.cas.client.filter.CASFilter.doFilter(CASFilter.java:381)

        org.sakaiproject.util.RequestFilter.doFilter(RequestFilter.java:646)

         Please help me resolve this issue.

Thanks In Advance

With Regards

Santhanam

P.S: Kindly ignore my previous mail (Sorry that I have hit the send button
accidentally)