[Building Sakai] Periods in site_ids and entitybroker?

Kenwrick Chan kchan at hawaii.edu
Sun Jan 16 00:29:09 PST 2011

Folks,
We ran into a situation where a faculty wanted to edit student posts and
kept on generating errors.  As it turns out it's an issue (at least I think)
with our site_ids having periods in them conflicting with entitybroker.

https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/MSGCNTR-334

and
http://old.nabble.com/-Building-Sakai--EntityBroker.-Spaces-in-custom-action-entity-ids-td29327192i20.html

which Sam Ottenhoff writes.

We did it because we found site_ids containing
> periods.   The period is used as a prefix separator and is
> inappropriate as a separator

Now clearly showing my lack of entitybroker specifics ...

1) is this a long term issue?
2) is there no other solution allowing for periods in our site_ids [these
come from our student information system

any suggestions?

Thanks,
Ken