[Building Sakai] Query on Installing Sakai

Eric Millin etmillin at gmail.com
Mon Feb 21 14:32:50 PST 2011

Hi David,

I just ran into similar problems.  If you're installing 2.7.1, use this
walkthrough:
https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/DOC/Install+Guide+-+Source+Install+%282.7%29,
as opposed to the Developer's Walkthrough.  The differences are small, but
the 2.7.1 doc is clearer and you'll notice some of the environmental
variables are different.  Someone should clear up the discrepancies as it's
rather confusing for new users.  Also, things went better when I built using
code checked out from the Subversion repository than using the archive dl'd
from the Sakai website.

Good luck,

Eric