[Building Sakai] Wrong tool url: "sakai-entitybroker-direct" instead "portal"

John Bush john.bush at rsmart.com
Mon Feb 21 12:58:39 PST 2011

Not sure if this is helpful or not, but I had this same problem when
working on https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/MSGCNTR-470, on
friday.

I was calling ServerConfigurationService.getPortalUrl();

instead of

ServerConfigurationService.getString("portalPath");

to get the "/portal" or "/xsl-portal" string depending on which portal
you are using.

Maybe that is going on somewhere in your world as well.

On Mon, Feb 21, 2011 at 4:00 AM, Horatiu Cherebetiu <hcherebetiu at loi.nl> wrote:
> Hi All,
>

> I’m calling  DeveloperhelperService.getToolViewUrl(..) from a rest client
> via provider for building the tool url.
>

> The URL returned by this service looks very strange:
> host:port/sakai-entitybroker-direct/site/……….
>

> Instead sakai-entitybroker-direct should be portal and I get this error only
> when I do the call from a rest client, If I do it from back (ex: observer) I
> get the correct URL.
>

> Does anyone had this problem?
>

> If someone ca help me I will be very thankful.
>

> Have a nice day,
>
> Horatiu Cherebetiu

John Bush
602-490-0470